What is email marketing? To explain email marketing in simple terms, it’s when a company sends a group of people an electronic message. These messages are usually in the form of ads, business requests, sales or solicitations for donation, or any other email communication that has the process of building customer loyalty in mind. It’s also an effective way to grow your brand while increasing trust in your company or product. It’s very efficient in promoting your business as a means of staying connected with your clients.
Email Marketing is Still Effective
What makes it so effective exactly? Here’s a summary of the advantages:
- Emails can be specifically targeted: This means that you can tailor your email to not only segment your contact lists based on certain common factors, but also personalize each one to have a personal touch that promotes and inspires interaction with your brand.
- Email Marketing is Cost Efficient: In direct contrast to media ads such as radio or TV, an effective email management campaign will reduce costs enormously. It will also filter out people that won’t care about your brand or product in the first place. This allows you to maximize your marketing services expenditures with focused efforts.
- Your Brand is More Likely to be the First Thought of: Over 1/3 of Americans check their email throughout the day. This means you can place your content directly in front of your customers, in one of the places they will most frequently be.
- Emails Elicit Responses: Whether it’s clicking through, forwarding an email, or replying to it, you can stimulate a reactionary impulse. By using a clearly defined call to action (CTA), this can increase traffic to your site, or create a conversion by using a concise, beneficial message within your email
- Email Marketing is Results Oriented: You’ve probably heard of measurable metrics by now. The best marketing teams can evaluate how your email marketing plan is working, what adjustments need to be made, and the best plan for success moving forward. This includes methods such as A/B testing, as well as email crafting to make sure that your message is actually being read, and registered, by your target audience.
What Email Marketing Strategy Works Best?
In order to answer this question, ask yourself “what goals am I trying to accomplish with this email marketing campaign?” Having a clear path before you start will make the actual implementation easier. While it’s possible to not be exactly sure what you’re aiming for, with some exploration of your needs, those answers can be better determined. Oftentimes, the easiest response is to increase sales. Considering that each website, product, and target demographic is different, finding the approach that works for your business will be the ultimate goal. Experience is key here. A seasoned email marketing team will be able to clear away a lot of the missteps you might make, before you make them. This saves valuable time as well as budgeted advertising money.
There are plenty of ways to make email marketing work for you. But there are certain processes that must be adhered to in order to profitably promote your business. The right inbound marketing agency will put you on the path to prosperity while saving you precious resources you might otherwise waste.