Feb, 2 20177 Ways Videos Can Dramatically Boost Your Business
You see them everywhere on the internet. Even if you don’t want to see them, they’re there. Videos. Some people love them, some people love only some of them, while others find them to simply be an annoyance. But regardless of your stance towards videos, one simple fact remains. Videos increase sales, both locally and nationally. That’s pretty much the bottom line as it pertains to business, is it not? But the various ways those sales are increased are as diverse as the multitude of videos themselves. From direct approaches, to behind the scenes training, videos deliver results. Let’s find out more about the how’s and why’s:
Video Boosts Business in a Variety of Ways
- Dramatic Increases in Conversions: This is the end game for most businesses, so we’ll start here first. Having a video about your product on your landing page has been shown to increase conversion rates by as much as 80%. It doesn’t take a math major to understand that kind of value. This is where conversion rate optimization comes in very handy. While the effectiveness of video usage may vary between different categories, the impact is felt regardless of the campaign it’s being used for. When you factor in that 74% of watchers of a product explanation video subsequently buy the product, this value cannot be understated. People like to see what they’re getting, and what it can do for them.
- Video Increases Trust and ROI: People are more inclined to buy from someone they feel comfortable with. Trust is important, even if they don’t know you personally. Nobody likes to get ripped off, and in most cases, that fear is what drives people away from buying online products. A video allows you to show people that not only are you a real person, with real feelings and emotions, but also that you’re someone they can ultimately feel safe to buy from. Speaking of trust, YOU can trust videos to help grow your brand, since over 3/4 of businesses that promote their products with videos claim that they got a good return on their investment.
- Google Owns YouTube: Which of course means that they have a particular fondness for videos. In fact, studies have shown that a website with an embedded video is over 50 times more likely to show up at the top of searches. Cue the SEO experts who can make this into traffic gold for your business.
- Mobile Matters: Everyone is on their phone. You’re probably going to be on your phone in the next hour. Go where the people are. On their phones. Video ads are 1.4x more likely to be watched on a smartphone versus a desktop. YouTube has stated that mobile video watching has been increasing 100% every year. You really should start making videos.
- Why Write, When You Can Show: Seeing is believing. But it’s also easier to understand and follow visual instructions as opposed to if you are just reading something. Showing someone how to do something gives them a direct approach for using your product. It also allows for better results for training employees, and clarifies some of the potentially complicated issues that text fails to effectively describe.
- Video Saves Time While Increasing Engagement: Everyone is in a hurry. Rather than read a 100 page explanation on how to use your product, people would rather see it in action. This means you get the attention of mere browsers as well as seriously interested potential buyers.
- Video Goes Viral: If it’s funny or entertaining. Put a little flair in your video. You just might get more advertising than you could have possibly imagined, and for the best possible price; Absolutely free!
If you’re serious about moving into the technological age with a full force marketing plan, video is clearly a necessary ingredient. Don’t get passed by. Even if you already create videos, there are plenty of reasons and ways you can spice things up a bit, and capture new clients with a video business boost.