Everyone is looking for the next big thing to improve their business. Many have already discovered that video is that big thing, and that it’s here now. If you aren’t already on board, or if you do make videos but aren’t exactly sure what to do in order to optimize their value, this article is for you. We’ll explain how videos improve your business, and ways YOU can take advantage of everything they have to offer.
Ways to Make Videos Improve Your Business
- Come Up With Something Catchy: This may sound challenging at first, but generally speaking, viral content usually follows certain themes. Either it’s something that is very funny, or totally adorable. If you can incorporate one of these two principles into your product video, you stand a much greater chance of getting free advertising. By free advertising, I mean social sharing. People love to laugh, or smile and “awwww” together. This is the main concept that makes sharing happen. Watch a few popular videos and identify what makes it so well liked. Then use what you’ve learned to create videos that are not only informative, but also engaging and entertaining.
- Put Your Video Where The People Are: Speaking of “social sharing”, in order for this to happen, you need to go where you can be found. Just posting a video to your website is often not enough these days. Target places like YouTube (of course), Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Triberr, LinkedIn and other popular places of interest where people will see your video. If you include methods known as conversion rate optimization or CRO, you can also get important analytical analysis on what is working best for you.
- Google Owns YouTube: Which means Google is a HUGE fan of videos. And if Google likes videos so much, give them what they want. We all want to rank high in search results, and videos are one of the best ways to achieve this result. Believe it or not, YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world, right behind Google.
- Keyword Enrichment: Speaking of ranking highly, keywords are still critical to search engine optimization. Your video title and description content should include rich but naturally flowing keywords. For example, if you sell beef, include words such as steak, hamburger, sirloin, prime rib, and any other related topics to your product. Be sure to use these keywords in the video description too, in a way that makes sense, by incorporating them into sentences that don’t look artificial. Google is far more in tune with spamming these days, so be careful to create content in your video description that covers these keywords without overdoing it. Also, include keyword rich tags to increase relevance to your product or services.
- Put Links To Your Video In Your Blog: This is a good way to kill two birds with one stone. Not only do you give your viewers another way to watch your videos, but you also increase your SEO value by linking to other prominent sites. So, a good way to do this would be to embed your video within the content of your blog, and right below it add a link to YouTube. An example could be “Click here to watch this video about beef on YouTube”. This gives you quality SEO link juice very easily, and is something the majority of the competition isn’t doing.
- Add More Videos To Your Video: Anytime you make, or have made videos that are related to the one you just made, you should include a couple of these at the end of your video. This creates an intertwined network of videos which gives extra link juice to their rankings, as well as increasing traffic through multiple access points.
These are some of the most reliable and effective ways that you can help your videos improve your business. When you’re ready for more ways to increase traffic and conversions on your website, check out the marketing services page and take the next steps towards exponential growth today.